Customers may bring their leashed, well-behaved dogs to the common areas of Salem Center. Individual merchants may or may not allow dogs inside their stores. Please see individual merchants for their pet policy. Rules for owners and their dogs in the common area include but are not limited to:
- Dogs must be leashed OR contained inside carriers at all times. Leashes must be no longer than 6′ and retractable leashes are not permitted.
- Dogs must be under the owner’s control at all times. Owners, by law, are responsible for the behavior of their dogs and for cleaning up after their dogs.
- At no time is an owner permitted to leave their dog unattended.
- If at any time the management or public safety of Salem Center determines that the behavior of a dog is causing a disturbance to others, the owner will be asked to remove his or her dog from the premises.
- All dogs must be in compliance with all applicable laws, including laws pertaining to dog licensing and vaccinations.